Have you been told you might be at risk for getting diabetes but don’t think it will happen to you?
If you get diabetes this is what your life could look like:
- High risk for having a heart attack or stroke.
- Having high blood pressure or hypertension which can lead to blood clots.
- A risk of developing glaucoma and other eye complications to include blindness.
- Nerve damage & reduced blood flow to the feet. This could result in having a foot or leg amputated.
- Kidney disease.
- Cuts and scrapes that do not heal effectively and can lead to serious infection.
The warning signs for getting diabetes are:
- Being 45 years of age or older.
- Being overweight.
- Exercising fewer than three times a week.
- Having a family history of type 2 diabetes.
- Having a history of gestational diabetes.
To find out if you are at risk for Diabetes, click here to take the Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment.
Want to stop this from happening to you?
There is a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recognized lifestyle change program that can prevent or delay Type 2 Diabetes. In this program, you’ll learn, laugh, share stories, try new things, and build new habits—all while lowering your risk of type 2 diabetes and improving your overall health.
Our next program starts on Monday, May 15th at 6:30 pm. The group meets for four months and then for the next 6 months there will be monthly follow-up sessions. Program meetings will be held at 14 Lockwood Blvd in downtown Charleston with free parking. Key components of the program include:
- CDC-approved curriculum with lessons, handouts, and other resources to help you make healthy changes.
- Lifestyle coach Lisa Burbage, specially trained to lead the program will help you learn new skills, encourage you to set and meet goals and keep you motivated. Lisa will also facilitate discussions and help make the program fun and engaging.
- A support group of people with similar goals and challenges. Together, you can share ideas, celebrate successes, and work to overcome obstacles. In the process, you will make new friends. It’s easier to make changes when you’re working as a group than doing it on your own.
Normally to receive all of the information in this program in private one-on-one sessions it would cost you over $4000. But in this special promotion, offered in a group setting, you will receive:
- 4 months of weekly sessions plus a bonus of 6 monthly follow-ups all for $22.59 per class.
- All of the materials provided during the program that you can review and use over and over again.
All for a total price of $497.
The program’s deposit of $35 is due on or before May 5th. The remaining tuition of $462 can be paid in full or on a payment plan. To pay the class deposit, please click below. You can pay remainder by check or credit card on the first night of class. You can also set up a payment plan by clicking the payment remainder option below and signing up for PayPal Credit. There is no interest if you pay in full within six months.
Want more information or have questions? click to email Lisa Burbage or call 843-718-2981