Hello, beautiful! Welcome back to my blog where I share with you all the secrets to looking fabulous at any age. Today I’m going to talk about one of my favorite natural oils that can do wonders for your skin, hair and nails: jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is extracted from the seeds of a shrub native to North America. It has a golden color, a nutty scent and a lightweight texture that makes it easy to apply and absorb. It’s also rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fatty acids that nourish, protect and repair your skin cells. In this post, I’m going to tell you about some of the amazing benefits of jojoba oil for your face and how you can use it in your daily routine. Let’s dive in!
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Face
1. It hydrates your skin
One of the main benefits of jojoba oil for face is that it hydrates your skin without making it greasy or clogging your pores1. Jojoba oil is a humectant ingredient, which means that it attracts water to the top layer of your skin and helps keep it moisturized1. This can prevent dryness, flakiness, itching and irritation that can lead to bacterial infections, acne and dandruff1.
You can use jojoba oil as a facial moisturizer by applying a few drops on your clean face after toning and before applying sunscreen or makeup. You can also mix it with your favorite cream or lotion for extra hydration.
2. It fights aging signs
Another benefit of jojoba oil for face is that it fights aging signs such as wrinkles, fine lines, sagging and dullness2. Jojoba oil contains antioxidants such as vitamin E that help neutralize free radicals that cause oxidative damage to your skin cells2. It also stimulates collagen production which helps improve your skin’s elasticity and firmness2.
You can use jojoba oil as an anti-aging serum by applying a few drops on your clean face at night before going to bed. You can also add a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary for extra benefits.
3. It reduces inflammation
Another benefit of jojoba oil for face is that it reduces inflammation which can cause redness, swelling, pain and itching3. Jojoba oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe and calm your skin especially if you have inflammatory conditions such as eczema or psoriasis3. It also has healing properties that help repair damaged skin tissue and speed up wound healing3.
You can use jojoba oil as an anti-inflammatory treatment by applying a few drops on the affected area after cleansing and toning. You can also mix it with other natural ingredients such as honey or oatmeal for extra soothing effects.
4. It brightens your complexion
Another benefit of jojoba oil for face is that it brightens your complexion by fading dark spots, hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. Jojoba oil contains vitamin C that helps inhibit melanin production which causes pigmentation problems. It also exfoliates dead skin cells and reveals fresh and radiant skin underneath.
You can use jojoba oil as a brightening mask by applying a thin layer on your clean face and leaving it on for 15 minutes before rinsing off. You can also add some lemon juice or turmeric powder for extra whitening effects.
Best Jojoba Oil Products
Now that you know some of the benefits of jojoba oil for face, you might be wondering where to buy this amazing product. Well, you’re in luck because I’ve done some research and found some of the best jojoba oil products on Amazon that you can order right now. Here are my top picks:
- Pure Organic Jojoba Oil – Natural Face Oil, Nail Oil and Hair Moisturizer, Perfect Carrier Oil For Essential Oils and DIY Skin Care, Cold-Pressed: This product is 100% pure, organic, cold-pressed and unrefined jojoba oil with no additives, preservatives or fillers. It comes in a dark glass bottle with a dropper cap for easy application. It has over 1,000 ratings and 4.6 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
You can buy Pure Organic Jojoba Oil here.
- Desert Essence, 100% Pure Jojoba Oil, For Hair, Skin and Scalp, 2 fl oz (59 ml): This product is also 100% pure, cold-pressed and unrefined jojoba oil with no chemicals, synthetics or additives. It comes in a plastic bottle with a flip-top cap for easy dispensing. It has over 3,000 ratings and 4.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
You can buy Desert Essence Jojoba Oil here.
- Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil, 100% Pure (120ml Large) | Natural Cold Pressed Unrefined Hexane Free Oil for Hair, Face, Nails & Cuticles |: This product is certified organic by the USDA and verified non-GMO by the Non-GMO Project. It is also cold-pressed, unrefined and hexane-free jojoba oil with no additives or fillers. It comes in a large amber glass bottle with a dropper cap for easy application. It has over 30,000 ratings and 4.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
You can buy Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil here.
How to Use Jojoba Oil for Face
Now that you have some of the best jojoba oil products in your hands, you might be wondering how to use them for your face. Well, there are many ways you can use jojoba oil for face depending on your skin type and needs. Here are some of the most common ways:
- As a cleanser: You can use jojoba oil as a natural cleanser to remove dirt, makeup and impurities from your skin without stripping its natural oils. Just massage a few drops of jojoba oil on your dry face and wipe it off with a warm damp cloth or cotton pad.
- As a toner: You can use jojoba oil as a natural toner to balance your skin’s pH level and prepare it for moisturizing. Just mix a few drops of jojoba oil with some rose water or witch hazel and apply it on your clean face with a cotton pad or spray bottle.
- As a moisturizer: You can use jojoba oil as a natural moisturizer to hydrate and nourish your skin without clogging your pores or causing breakouts. Just apply a few drops of jojoba oil on your clean face after toning and before applying sunscreen or makeup.
- As an exfoliator: You can use jojoba oil as a natural exfoliator to remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh and glowing skin underneath. Just mix some jojoba oil with some sugar or salt and gently scrub your face in circular motions. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- As a mask: You can use jojoba oil as a natural mask to treat various skin issues such as acne, inflammation, pigmentation and aging signs. Just mix some jojoba oil with other natural ingredients such as honey, yogurt, clay or egg white and apply it on your clean face. Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Jojoba oil is one of the best natural oils you can use for your face because it has many benefits such as hydrating, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and brightening effects. It’s also gentle, versatile and compatible with all skin types. You can easily find some of the best jojoba oil products on Amazon that are pure, organic and affordable. You can also use them in various ways depending on your skin needs.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post about the benefits of jojoba oil for face and learned something new today. If you did, please share this post with your friends and leave me a comment below telling me what you think about jojoba oil and how you use it for your face.
Thank you so much for reading and stay tuned for more beauty tips from me!
Your Beauty Blogger